When you have studied this session, you should be able to:
- Define and use correctly all of the key words printed in bold.
- Describe how to use the basic EPI recording tools: immunization cards, the EPI Registration Book and the tally sheet.
- Explain how you calculate immunization coverage and dropout rates and use them to monitor the success of your immunization programme.
- Explain the possible causes of low immunization coverage rates, and/or high dropout rates, and suggest ways to improve these EPI indicators, including systems for tracing defaulters.
- Describe how you make accurate, timely and complete immunization Summary Reports from your health facility.
Last modified: Wednesday, 28 May 2014, 1:35 PM