Dietary approach to stop hypertension (DASH)
An important approach to reducing hypertension is called DASH – Dietary Approach to Stop Hypertension. It advises people that high blood pressure can be controlled if you take the following steps:
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Be moderately physically active on most days of the week.
- Follow a healthy eating plan, which includes foods lower in salt.
- If you drink alcoholic beverages, do so in moderation.
- If you have high blood pressure and are prescribed medication, take it as directed.
Last modified: Tuesday, 15 July 2014, 6:56 PM