When you have studied this session, you should be able to:
- Define and use correctly all of the key words printed in bold.
- Explain why opportunistic infections occur more frequently in PLHIV.
- Identify common opportunistic infections in PLHIV and use this knowledge to help patients seek healthcare promptly.
- Describe WHO HIV clinical staging and classify patients into the appropriate clinical stages.
- Explain the use of chemoprophylactic treatments to prevent opportunistic infections in PLHIV.
Last modified: Monday, 30 June 2014, 10:29 AM