When you have studied this session, you should be able to:
- Define and use correctly all of the key terms printed in bold.
- Explain the factors affecting adherence and their importance in maintaining adherence to HIV treatment.
- Describe optimal adherence to HIV treatment and its goal.
- Explain the consequences of poor adherence to HIV therapy and its association with drug resistance.
- Assess the adherence status of PLHIV and advise them on how to improve it.
- Describe the adherence support mechanisms that cover specific needs of patients on HIV therapy.
Last modified: Monday, 30 June 2014, 10:44 AM