When you have studied this session, you should be able to:
- Define and use correctly all of the key words printed in bold.
- Explain the benefits and barriers of HIV testing.
- Explain the different modes of HIV counselling and testing.
- Describe how to recommend HIV testing, and give pre-test counselling, including maintaining confidentiality and obtaining informed consent.
- Describe how to perform rapid HIV testing using three different test kits, and read and interpret the test results.
- Explain how to deliver HIV test results and post-test counselling.
Last modified: Monday, 30 June 2014, 11:05 AM