When you have studied this session, you should be able to:
- Define and use correctly all of the key words printed in bold.
- Describe the routes and risks of HIV infection in the context of a mother and child.
- Explain why it is important to offer counselling on HIV testing to all pregnant women, and describe the features of the ‘opt out’ approach to HIV testing.
- Describe the drugs and regimens used for prevention of HIV transmission from mothers to children.
- Explain counselling on breastfeeding options for preventing mother-to-child transmission.
Last modified: Monday, 30 June 2014, 11:18 AM