When you have studied this session, you should be able to:
- Define and use correctly all of the key words printed in bold.
- Explain what palliative care means, its importance, and its four components.
- Describe how to provide pain management, with and without medication, and assess when to refer patients for further pain treatment.
- Describe how to prevent and manage the common symptoms of HIV/AIDS using home-based care.
- Describe how to provide psychosocial and spiritual care at home for chronically ill people with HIV/AIDS.
- Describe how to provide preventative home-based care services for bedridden patients with AIDS.
- Describe how to provide end-of-life care, especially bereavement care.
Last modified: Monday, 30 June 2014, 11:30 AM