When you have studied this session, you should be able to:
- Define and use correctly all of the key words printed in bold.
- Explain the routes of transmission and risk factors for the common sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- Describe the signs and symptoms of common STIs.
- Briefly describe the importance of syndromic management of STIs.
- Explain the importance of STIs in the prevention of HIV transmission.
- Describe how you would identify and offer provider-initiated testing and counselling for people with STIs and refer them to the nearest health centre for treatment.
Last modified: Monday, 30 June 2014, 11:33 AM