When you have studied this session, you should be able to:
- Define and use correctly all of the key words printed in bold.
- Name the common types of faeco-orally transmitted diseases in Ethiopia, the infectious agents that cause them, and the main routes of transmission.
- Describe the characteristic symptoms and signs of faeco-oral diseases, and explain why diarrhoea can be life-threatening.
- Describe how you would treat mild cases of faeco-oral disease, and when you would refer severe cases for laboratory investigation and/or specialised treatment.
- Suggest effective ways to prevent and control faeco-oral diseases at the community level.
Last modified: Monday, 30 June 2014, 11:40 AM