In this study session, you have learned that:
- Individuals, groups and communities are all targets for your health education sessions and it is important to adapt your work for each type of audience.
- The objectives of health education include providing knowledge, developing positive attitudes towards health issues and promoting decision-making.
- The ultimate goal of health education is to promote, maintain and improve individuals’ and community health. Health education is aimed at reducing morbidity and mortality due to preventable health problems.
- Persuasion and informed decision-making are important types of health education approaches.
- The scope of health education at community level includes raising awareness about primary prevention. Health education includes secondary prevention methods such as early diagnosis and treatment and extends to tertiary prevention such as rehabilitation.
Last modified: Tuesday, 1 July 2014, 10:59 AM