When you have studied this session, you should know:
- The extent of maternal and newborn deaths and complications with the situation globally and in Africa as a whole.
- How to estimate the number of pregnant women who will need antenatal care in your community in one year.
- How to develop a focused antenatal care plan of four visits to each pregnant woman during a specific period of time in your catchment area.
- How to calculate the antenatal care coverage rate, and the proportion of births attended by a health professional, in your catchment area.
- How to calculate the maternal mortality ratio (MMR) and the neonatal mortality rate in your catchment area.
Last modified: Monday, 19 May 2014, 1:43 PM