In this Study Session. you have learned that:
- It is possible to obtain water from entities other than public utilities.
- One such possibility is a public–private partnership, where private companies collaborate with a public body to provide water services. These partnerships have the potential to bring about a more efficient service.
- Microenterprises are small businesses with fewer than ten staff members.
- In the water sector in Ethiopia, microenterprises operate some of the public taps, as well as undertaking tanker deliveries, water vending and water kiosk management.
- Microenterprises can also be set up for water-related services, such as plumbing and supplying equipment.
Last modified: Tuesday, 2 August 2016, 4:31 PM