In this Study Session, you have learned that:
- There are several ways of minimising the use of drinking water. In doing so, we save not only water but also energy and chemical usage.
- Rainwater can be collected and used in a variety of ways, after the first flush is discarded.
- Rainwater can be used for drinking if it is filtered and disinfected.
- Treated sewage can be an important resource for use in irrigation.
- Waste stabilisation ponds offer an economical way of treating sewage for reuse.
- Waste stabilisation ponds can be used to farm fish and ducks, for food.
- Safety measures are needed when working with treated effluent.
Last modified: Thursday, 11 August 2016, 10:34 PM