In Study Session 9, you have learned that:
- The OWNP is a government programme with ambitious goals which cannot be achieved by the government alone. Many other stakeholders groups need to be involved.
- The main government stakeholders are the four WASH ministries. Some other ministries are also involved.
- There are three main types of non-governmental stakeholder: major, associated and collaborating stakeholders.
- Major stakeholders include direct fund contributors to the Consolidated WASH Account such as The World Bank, the Department for International Development, the African Development Bank and UNICEF.
- Other important stakeholders are the direct WASH project implementers (NGOs or CSOs) like WaterAid, Plan International and UNICEF.
- Collaborating stakeholders include indirect contributors such as private sector businesses, community organisations, training centres and user groups.
Last modified: Wednesday, 24 August 2016, 4:39 AM