When you have studied this study session, you should be able to:
- Discuss the mechanism of deglutition with pharynx and esophagus
- Describe the structure and function of the stomach and the process of gastric emptying.
- Explain the structures and functions of small and large intestine
- Describe the digestive function of pancreas, gall bladder and liver.
- Discuss the effects of anesthesia on the gastrointestinal system
- Perform focused gastrointestinal preanesthetic assessment
Last modified: Wednesday, 16 November 2016, 9:37 AM