Techniques of greeting customers
Techniques of Greeting Customers
a. Greeting Customers
The purpose of greeting customers is to create and maintain a welcoming environment. We achieve this by applying the following techniques.
- Be attentive, acknowledge a person as soon as they appear, even if you're busy
- Establish eye contact
- Tell them your name
- Ask how you can help
- Give the customer your full attention
- Be polite and courteous
b. Establishing Rapport
Establishing rapport helps take the customer feel comfortable and also make the customer feel important and valued
Behavioral scientists have discovered a number of specific kinds of behavior that contribute to establishing a personal rapport. Here are seven techniques to establish the rapport.
- Smile sincerely -not false, paste-on smile, but one that starts with your eyes.
- Keep a relaxed, open stance.
- Lean slightly toward the customer, being careful not to invade his personal space.
- Maintain eye contact. You will be considered more confident, honest, and knowledgeable by customers.
- Occasionally touch the person in nonthreatening manner.
- Know the customer's name and use it when speaking with him.
- Subtly mirror the customer behavior. Match his rate of breathing; speak at his rate of speech and in his tone of voice. Assume a posture similar to his and use similar body language. We all relate to those feel are like us.