Primary audience: IPC focal person(s);
- Secondary audience: Health staff;
- Duration for the mentoring session: 2 hours
- Appointment with the trainees/mentees (cleared by supervisor), elaboration of session plan by the trainer/mentor, preparation of material for the session (flip charts or slides on components of standard and transmission-based precautions), logistics.
Recommendation steps for the session plan:
- Introduction - Introduction of the topic and how the session will unfold
- Open discussion on the topic - what do mentee(s) know and want to know more about the topic
- Didactic session (key principles and “need to know”, based on the key competencies)
- Session evaluation by mentee/trainee and, if applicable, mentee/mentor review of the mentorship form/notebook
- Theme for next session and closure
- Departure protocols.
Last modified: Thursday, 19 November 2020, 10:32 PM