Key Knowledge Points
- Elements of emergency/disaster management involve prevention, mitigation, preparedness/readiness, response and recovery
- Prevention: preventing or reducing risk of occurrence of disaster
- Mitigation: measures taken to prevent or reduce the impact of disaster / outbreak or reduce vulnerability of at risk group.
- Preparedness: is creating capacity, knowledge and system to effectively anticipate, respond, and recover at all levels.
- Planning for emergency response to save life and impact of emergencies, training and exercises are essential elements.
- Readiness, putting in place capacities and the systems that enable a rapid and effective response to contain outbreaks before spreading.
- Role of IPC/WASH in preparedness, readiness and response is critical
- IPC is one of the eight pillars of preparedness and response to public
- Review and enhance orscale up IPC/WASH preparedness and response actions in order to address the state of transmission in countries and localities.
Last modified: Wednesday, 18 November 2020, 8:28 PM