Intro and Learning outcomes
So far we have looked at open educational resources that can be taken and reused by other educators, or used by learners. Another approach to open education is to run courses that are freely open to all. These have been labelled MOOCs (massive open online courses) and are the focus of this week.
After studying this week, you should understand:
- the different types of MOOC and the issues surrounding them
- the evidence of learner behaviour and the effectiveness of MOOCs
- the learner experience in MOOCs
- the strengths and weaknesses of MOOCs as an approach
- personal learning networks.