When you have studied this session, you should be able to:
- Define and use correctly all of the key words printed in bold.
- Describe the most common types of bacterial and viral faeco-oral diseases, their causative infectious agents and their occurrence in the population.
- Describe the main modes of transmission of each of the bacterial and viral faeco-oral diseases, and the age groups that are most susceptible to them.
- Explain how you would diagnose and treat cases of bacterial and viral faeco-oral diseases, and when and why you would refer them to a higher-level health facility.
- Describe how you would apply prevention and control measures against bacterial and viral faeco-oral diseases, and what actions you would take to prevent epidemics of cholera or shigellosis.
Última modificación: lunes, 30 de junio de 2014, 11:56