In this study session, you have learned that:
- Personal hygiene is a necessity for our daily activities. It is very important for the protection of our health and helps to prevent the spread of communicable diseases.
- Personal hygiene has social and aesthetic values. An individual who follows the practice of proper personal hygiene gains confidence, pride and dignity.
- Personal hygiene applies to all parts of the body, but hand hygiene is probably the most important for public health.
- The procedures that apply in personal hygiene (such as handwashing and oral hygiene) need to be followed strictly to gain the best results.
- The promotion of personal hygiene should aim to change human behaviour. The provision of hygiene information first impacts on knowledge and then practice.
- The promotion of personal hygiene must be well planned in order to bring positive changes.
Last modified: Monday, 23 June 2014, 11:42 AM