In this study session, you have learned that:
- There are several kinds of food and drink establishment that provide food and drinks to the public.
- The operation of food and drink establishments needs to meet basic hygienic requirements in order to safeguard the public.
- The health professional needs to focus on the establishments that are relevant to the public at community level.
- The basic hygiene requirements are the same in all food and drink establishments.
- Sanitary inspection is a way of detecting potential hazards that could affect clients if they consume spoiled or contaminated food.
- Sanitary inspection of food and drink establishments requires good planning. Its purpose is to promote food hygiene and safety by advising and instructing the owners of the establishments. Sustained follow-up and monitoring help to achieve hygienic practice.
Last modified: Wednesday, 2 July 2014, 11:34 AM