When you have studied this session you should be able to:
- Define and use correctly all of the key words printed in bold.
- Briefly describe the function and composition of blood.
- Describe the basic anatomy and physiology of the heart at a level sufficient to support your understanding of cardiovascular diseases in your community.
- Know how to measure the pulse and blood pressure.
- Describe the signs and symptoms of hypertension and heart failure, and the risk factors for these conditions.
- Describe the management of hypertension and heart failure that you will provide for your community, including supportive care for stress and depression, and recommended diet.
Last modified: Wednesday, 2 July 2014, 9:36 AM