When you have studied this session, you should be able to:
- Define and use correctly all of the key words printed in bold.
- Explain what cancer is, describe how normal cells become cancer cells and summarise their effects on the human body.
- Describe the main risk factors for cancers and the main strategies for preventing them.
- Describe the signs and symptoms of breast cancer and cervical cancer, and explain how to educate women in your community on early detection of these cancers and what actions they should take.
- Describe the main features of palliative care for the person who is terminally ill with advanced cancer.
Last modified: Wednesday, 2 July 2014, 9:51 AM