When you have studied this session, you should be able to:
- Define and use correctly all of the key words printed in bold.
- Describe how to stop external bleeding following an injury and how to assess a person for internal bleeding.
- Identify different types of fractures and explain how to immobilise a fractured limb for transport to a health facility.
- Describe the signs and symptoms of head and spinal injuries and how to immobilise a person with such an injury for transport to a health facility.
- List the common causes and degrees of burns injuries and describe the first aid you should give for a burn.
Last modified: Wednesday, 2 July 2014, 10:10 AM