When you have studied this session, you should be able to:
- Describe how you would conduct a rapid assessment of a woman in labour.
- Describe the features of woman — friendly care during labour and delivery.
- Describe the steps in history taking of a woman in the first stage of a normal labour.
- Explain how you would palpate the abdomen of a woman in labour to assess the size, lie and presentation of the baby.
- Explain how you would conduct a vaginal examination of a woman in labour to assess the progress of labour.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal findings during the assessment of a woman in labour.
Last modified: Tuesday, 13 May 2014, 5:35 AM