When you have studied this session you should be able to:
- Summarise the most important signs of neonatal asphyxia that mean you should begin neonatal resuscitation.
- Explain how newborns can be helped to breathe by applying standard resuscitation techniques.
- Identify the equipment you will need to give newborn resuscitation and how it should be used correctly.
- Describe the things you should not do when assessing a newborn for possible breathing difficulties.
- Summarise the main health risks to newborns and the activities that form the basis of essential newborn care.
Last modified: Sunday, 18 May 2014, 4:30 PM